Oil Slick Rainbow Hair for the Holidays

Though my original plan was to update my hair and sort of transition back to more natural tones (like a mix of various coppers and caramels, maybe with one vivid color as an accent), my go-to colorist, Lauren, just got married and is heading off on her honeymoon and I didn’t think to book ahead (oops!) and I couldn’t want to wait until January 2020 to see her… so I decided that it was an opportunity to see what other talented colorists are in the Phoenix metro.  This, of course, meant that I had to go bolder with the color and maybe I’ll wind down next time.

I went through the various hair inspo photos I’ve saved over the last year to see if any of the colorists were from my area as my starting point, and surprisingly, one was (this was the one I had bookmarked from her).  I just had my hair done and colored by Liz Cook (and I paid fully for my services! nothing to disclose!), and the outcome is magical; it’s definitely a lot different than past iterations I’ve done, so it’s a nice change of pace. It looks different depending on the movement of my hair, which translates particularly nicely in person.

She must have used almost a dozen colors to mix up five different cups of color to apply, and I know she primarily used PulpRiot (I’ve had mostly Joico Intensity in the past), so I’m definitely curious to see how it washes, wears, and fades over the next few months.  It took around five hours from start to finish!  I wanted a mix of teal, pink, purple, and copper, and then Liz added a deeper blue-teal to tie everything together, and the end result actually came out like one of the inspo photos I saved but didn’t think would work (on me) last year!

Oil Slick Rainbow Hair for the Holidays

Oil Slick Rainbow Hair for the Holidays

Oil Slick Rainbow Hair for the Holidays

Oil Slick Rainbow Hair for the Holidays

Oil Slick Rainbow Hair for the Holidays

Oil Slick Rainbow Hair for the Holidays

Oil Slick Rainbow Hair for the Holidays

Oil Slick Rainbow Hair for the Holidays

Oil Slick Rainbow Hair for the Holidays

Oil Slick Rainbow Hair for the Holidays

Oil Slick Rainbow Hair for the Holidays

Oil Slick Rainbow Hair for the Holidays



from Temptalia https://ift.tt/34RyH0A
Visit Feminine Well Being blog for interesting articles like this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anastasia x Jackie Aina Eyeshadow Palette Review & Swatches

MAC Cheer Up Glow Play Blush Review & Swatches

YSL Rose Nu, Rose Blazer, Plum Tunique Rouge Volupte Shine Oil-in-Sticks Reviews & Swatches